December. Christmas. Advent. They all seems to run together as one. This is why I would like to highlight two things in your Christ Birthday Observance package. I’m hoping this will help you to remember the real reason for Christmas.
In your resource guide you will find:
1. Project Prayer I think this is one of the hardest ones to put together but the most important one. Project Prayer is a prayer worldwide vigil. It starts on December 1, 2017 and continues to December 25. It involves different states and countries with a Church of God presence. You will find the schedule on page 6. Michigan’s day is Thursday December 7th. We will be praying with Connecticut, Oklahoma, Canada, Indonesia and Northern Mariana Islands. We are asked to pray for assignments of several leaders in the Church of God. Names and pictures are on page 7. Of course, this is just a start. There are many things we need to be praying for. If you have missed the December 7th date, just pick a date and pray. What a powerful and awesome thing to be a part of.
2. The Advent reading and candles. Did you know advent means wonder, watch, and wait?
- 1st reading and candle is HOPE
- 2nd reading and candle is RESPONSE
- 3rd reading and candles is MIRACLES
- 4th Reading and candle is PEACE
What a great way to prepare for our Saviors birthday the real meaning of Christmas. Now for some future dates for you the mark:
April 27 and 28, 2018 - State Convention with Pastor Mary Stephens former National CWC Ministry Coordinator.
Oct. 10 to 13, 2019 will be our next CWC National Convention at Myrtle Beach SC
Connie Mashue, President
Michigan Christian Women Connection