General Assembly
of the Church of God
in Michigan

"equipping local congregations
to extend the Kingdom of God"

Ministry to Ministers

Ministry to Ministers seeks to assist Church of God in Michigan ministers and their families with referral and funding for professional counseling services using a confidential source.

How is Confidentiality Assured?

Ministry to Ministers has contracted with Pine Rest Mental Health Services to serve as a gatekeeper. The gatekeeper will hold in strict confidence al client names.

Why do people call Ministry to Ministers?

People call about such matters as:

  • Marital or family conflict
  • Abuse: substance, alcohol, domestic, sexual, etc.
  • Depression, anxiety and other emotional concerns
  • Legal and financial difficulties
  • Work-related prolems
  • Addictions: pornography, sexual, etc.

Who can use Ministry to Ministers?

All Church of God ministers and members of their household living in Michigan may use Ministry to Ministers.

How do I contact Ministry to Ministers?

The 24-hour, 7 day-a-week Hotline provided for the Church of God in Michigan by Pine Rest Mental Health Services, puts you in touch with Ministry to Ministers

During the business week, a counselor will call back within 24 business hours to talk only with the caller.

For weekend and holiday calls, a counselor will return the call within 24 business hours.

The Hotline number is 1-800-243-1568.

Who will do the Counseling?

The gatekeeper will refer the caller to appropriate state-licensed, accredited Christian professional. These counselors are located in various areas across Michigan.

What will Ministry to Ministers cost me?

Telephone service is available at no cost to you.

There is amodest out-of-pocket fee for face-to-face counseling, based on household income.

The counselor will bill your insurance compnay for normal insurance coverage.

The counselor will bill the Church of God in Michigan for the balance - up to $100 per session for twelve sessions.

What if I have need to call again?

You may contact Ministry to Ministers as often as needed.